Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Artists that Inspire Me! With Fibers!

Camille Ahern is an almost entirely self taught fiber artist who creates silk paintings and art quilts. Instead of a formal art education, she attended various workshops to master the various techniques she uses. Her silk paintings are absolutely amazing!


I took my first Fibers class last Spring and learned that I love making paper. I have continued with that this fall and have created some really nice, large sheets of poured paper. After creating these pieces I began to think of them as their own works of art, and the artists Jeanne Petrosky and Dennis Guzenski specialize in Wall Art made of paper. Instead of being crafty however, their pieces are beautiful.


I have recently fallen in love with pulp painting and Preston Sampson is a paper artist who works almost entirely with paper and pulp painting. His works range from more expressive portraits to almost entirely abstract works which I really enjoy.







And now... this is my just finished pulp painting!




3 comments:

  1. These are really beautiful Katie! I also enjoyed doing pulp paintings, I loved how it was a unified piece that had texture and some thickness to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I was really impressed by the pulp paintings. I never did that in my fiber class. I think that would be a great way to make sure your art is free, they remind me of watercolors, and your background on here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fiber pieces! You should be proud and excited about your own fiber art!

    ReplyDelete